Having any pre-existing condition can really make it difficult to find affordable travel insurance. In fact in many cases it’s almost impossible and sadly some either travel without insurance or they just don’t go in the first place.
Some pre-exitsting conditions like asthma for instance are pretty much covered by most travel insurers but rarer conditions, such as genetic disorders, can be far trickier.
Listed below is a list of travel insurance companies who cover all sorts of pre-existing conditions.
Get Going for pre-existing medical condtions
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* – £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
Explorer Insurance for pre-existing medical condtions
Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items and cover your watches and sunglasses
£5 million medical expenses cover
£5,000 holiday cancellation cover
Kids go FREE on family policies
Example Quote* – £37.49 (ES Single Trip Plus)
Just Travel Cover for pre-existing medical condtions
Just travel have developed travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions and travel insurance with no age limit, suitable for travellers over 65.
– Travel insurance cover for single trips up to 183 days
– Travel insurance cover for cancellation
– Provide cover for most medical conditions and there are no age limits
Example Quote* – £30.24 (Beyond Travel Silver)
> Get a quote from JUST TRAVEL INSURANCE – Link not working? try this
Travel Insurance for pre-existing medical condtions
Optional Independent Traveller Insurance to provide cover when individual elements of a trip are booked separately, rather than as part of a package. This enhancement also provides cover for flights cancelled or delayed as a result of travel disruption caused by a volcano.
– No wardrobe worries – up to £2,500 for lost luggage
– Loss or theft of your passport covered as standard
– Travel cover for up to six months
Quotes from- £29.22 (Med Policy)
Columbus Direct for pre-existing medical condtions
For single trip, annual multi trip, ski, backpacker, business, holiday, family, or even pre-existing medical travel insurance, you can get an instant quote and be covered immediately!
– Cover available for pre-existing medical conditions
– Up to £2,500 baggage cover including valuable and delayed baggage
Example Quote* – £46.55 (Bronze Single Trip)
Good to Go Single Trip for pre-existing medical condtions
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
– Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
– Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
– Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* – £67.34 (Silver Policy)
Saga Travel Insurance for pre-existing medical condtions
For weekend breaks to one year trips Cruise cover provided as standard!
– Cover most pre-existing medical conditions.
– Covers any age
Example Quote* – £62.56 (Saga Single Trip)
Alpha Travel Insurance for pre-existing medical condtions
– Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
– You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
– 14 day cooling off period
– Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
– Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00